Disclaimer

The Misadventures of Udon Girl is entirely fictional. Perhaps it doesn't even exist. No animals were harmed in the making of its articles. Any and all resemblances to real people, places, or things dead or living are entirely coincidental. Its content is not publicized in any way, shape, or form, and is purely for the entertainment of its creator.
Udon Girl

Day 3: Farewell and Thank You.

"Nakakalungkot naman.." Is what my boss said.

As we sank on our own train of thought, we paused for a couple of seconds, looking down on our keyboard, until he finally let out a funny giggle. We resumed our work, finishing every job left to be done before i leave.

I never really thought i would somehow.. become attached to this company. Getting accepted here was even the farthest of my idea. I mean, how could a mere student in a small state university, get accepted in this big and competitive company? I remember the day when i was called for an interview. I was really, really, nervous.

I never knew it would be a panel interview until i entered the room. It was scary, and i just stood there, unable to utter a single word. Until one TL, he was a bit young, said I could take my seat. I sighed heavily, finding every courage hidden somewhere. Until the other TL, let out a smile, and jokingly said, "You don't have to be nervous. He's quite good looking, isn't he?" Everybody laughed, until I followed. The interview flowed with a series of questions and laughter. And it became more comfortable to me.. and fun too.

The interview ended smoothly. As i stepped out of the building, I looked at the clear sky and said to myself, if i didn't make it, atleast i gave my very best shot. It was such a fine weather i thought of taking a walk for a while. It wasn't bad.

I got a phone call later that afternoon saying i could immediately start on the next day. I jumped in joy and in disbelief. I did it. I thanked God I did it! It was such a blessing.

My stay in the company was really fun. Work, people, and the foods. Haha! My sole purpose in the beginning was just to gain experience, get paid, and then that's it. But I never expected to get along with everyone.

As days passed by, i met new people, and i've seen few who said goodbye just when you have become attached to them. It was really sad, and it was my first time to really grasp the reality, that people.. do come and go. But then life must go on. And as I've stayed longer, i've got a lot of chances to talk and hang out with many colleagues in the office. It was really fun on and off work. The laughter of Hot Young TL, the funny giggles of my Boss, the funny antics of the Upgrade Team inside the lab, the energetic foreign testers during the parties.. It was never boring working in the lab with them. I would surely miss them..

My bosses commemorated our leaving by treating us a coffee at Starbucks along with our team. It was nice and heartwarming as well. Being with everyone on our last working day, laughing and talking together.. It was harder to say goodbye.

We went back in the office afterwards. I went back to the lab and since it was kinda late, everybody had gone home and i was left alone inside. This time, i didn't get scared of Typing Maniac Ghost to might appear again, but wishing he would to say goodbye. I opened my TS one last time, rereading some of funny mails, and began typing my farewell note.

When i hit the send button, I turned off some monitors left opened, aligned the chairs, then packed up my things. I glanced one last time, lingering the silence, imprinting every moments in my memories, before i turned off the lights.

On my note, i said, farewell.. and thank you.

1 comments:

  1. randomlycluttered says at

    so poignant.. :D EMERSON will surely miss you! Yung na nga rin yung iniisip ko eh.. na ang tanda ko na.. kasi last couple of months. i was a trainee. ngayon. TRAINER na.kaya pinipilit ko nalang intindihin yung "people do come and go" na line mo.. it's nice knowing you for quite a while. till here..

Post a Comment