Disclaimer

The Misadventures of Udon Girl is entirely fictional. Perhaps it doesn't even exist. No animals were harmed in the making of its articles. Any and all resemblances to real people, places, or things dead or living are entirely coincidental. Its content is not publicized in any way, shape, or form, and is purely for the entertainment of its creator.
Udon Girl

The Thing About Washing Machines

Our washing machine broke down recently, so I made a trip with Mummy Dearest to look for a new one a while ago.

We were very, very disturbed at the big-ass electronics store after discovering that some washers can cost up to P64,000. I’m not sure about you, but if I have P64,000 to spare, I will spend it on something more useful, such as a year’s worth of KFC finger licking good.

I was thus very happy to chance upon a model which cost under P25,000. I was also very happy because the sales promoter was a Yummy Looking Thing.


Me: May I know the capacity of the machine?

Yummy Looking Sales Promoter: It’s 9kg, Ma'am, good enough to handle daily laundry for a family of four.

Me: Oh! That’s good! Haha, but it’s a family of two because I am still single, haha. . . .

At this point, I decided to impress Yummy Looking Sales Promoter by asking an intellectual question to show I'll be a good housewife in the future for my expertise in household chores especially about using washing machines.

Me: I am very impressed by your professional knowledge! Before I commit to making a purchase, may I know where is the location of the detergent compartment? I’ve tried looking for it for the past few minutes, but couldn’t find it anyway in this washing machine, haha. . . .

Yummy Looking Sales Promoter: . . . .

Yummy Looking Sales Promoter: Ma'am, this is not a washing machine.

Yummy Looking Sales Promoter: It’s a dryer.


With Love,
Udon Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment