Disclaimer

The Misadventures of Udon Girl is entirely fictional. Perhaps it doesn't even exist. No animals were harmed in the making of its articles. Any and all resemblances to real people, places, or things dead or living are entirely coincidental. Its content is not publicized in any way, shape, or form, and is purely for the entertainment of its creator.
Udon Girl

The Comeback.

Hi everyone!!! Yes, yes, i know it's been so longggg since i've been into blogging and I am very, very disheartened leaving you all, all of a sudden. But I have a very, very good reason for not updating: I got extended in my intern!!

To cut a long story short, The Boss told me he was really pleased with my performance during our Release Party when I sang and danced, entertaining our foreign directors with Lady Gaga's Telephone in a Karaoke (totally unrelated, but I would like to mention here that my Boss is a man of great virtue and intelligence). He decided that having me in such a short time is a very big loss to the company for a person of such incredibly high caliber (my words, not his, ahem).

I am pleased to announce here that I can now work hard more and receive a fat paycheck until my graduation. :)

But to be frank, I felt I did not deserve the extension because truth to be told, the best contribution I had for the company was to update my Facebook and Twitter status since I cannot improve the highscores in Minesweeper here (they don't install games here, lah). But the learning process The Boss gallantly enounced was just too tempting and so I couldn’t say ‘no’ to the MAN. I decided to make up for my past indiscretions by being doubly hard at work, which explains why i've been long gone to the blogging world. Yes, you probably can tell that I am a Changed Woman now. Pretty Udon Girl is now a Pretty Hardworking Man Woman :)!

Anyway, I don’t mean to brag, but being extended really has its perks. Not only did I get the above-mentioned learning increment, I also got to work OTs and be with the Typing-Maniac Ghost every night alone in the Lab. Plus, I get to bully more of my co-interns too!

But life isn't all that good. The only person who didn’t take too kindly to my extension was Bugoy. I swear man, this man is out to destroy my career. He told The Boss upfront that I wasn’t deserving of the promotion because I even attempted to burn up the whole San Miguel building. He even spread it to the other department's managers!!!

But that was completely an accident, my friends. You know how I can be stupid at times. Coz you see, we came from a very, very poor family that we do not own a Microwave at home. So I thought of heating a Pandesal and joyfully set the timer in 2 minutes. Just before the timer stops, smokes covered the whole pantry. And the smell of burnt food was enough to get the attention of our American Big Boss out of his oversized cubicle.

American Big Boss entering my favorite place (the pantry).

American Big Boss: What's happening?

American Big Boss: >:-(

Seriously, I was stunned in fear when I saw American Big Boss' fuming face.

Sad to say, my very kind Boss managed to dissuade Bugoy from leaving by bribing him with an extension too! I thought about reporting him to our Department Head or counter-propose by threatening to quit if he goes ahead with his extension, but decided not to because I am basically a very nice girl. :)

Anyway, I’ve resolved to make peace with Bugoy because now that I’m in such a good position, I can’t afford to be that petty anymore. I know he hates my guts because he thinks I slack at work, so over the past months I’ve been working very hard to correct that misconception.

Alas, I realized that it’s actually very hard to be hardworking because there really isn’t much work to be done in my company. But even though there are no opportunities for me to be hardworking, I’ve come to this realization that I have to appear hardworking anyway so that I won’t get despised by Bugoy.

Do wish me luck :D!!

With love,
Udon Girl

2 comments:

  1. yeye says at

    andito ka na pala :)

  2. Udon Girl says at

    yes, im here! hahaha!

Post a Comment